Posted by admin
on Sep 21, 2012 in Workout Songs
| 0 comments
What are the best disco workout songs?
Looking for some disco music to workout too? See the top 23 best disco songs below.
The best disco songs for your exercise or workout time can be found below. Disco songs are a great choice for background music for any workout. The upbeat tempos keep you moving during your exercise session. If you like disco music and need the best songs for your workout, you can find several here. Most of them are happy go lucky songs that will take your mind away from your workout.
Chosing the right tempo of music can be very important as your body will naturally move itself to that tempo. Choose a tempo that is too slow or too fast, and you may spoil your workout. For that reason, an approximate beat per minute has been listed beside each song. As you can see, unlike other types of dance music which has a high BPM, disco music usually falls in the moderate tempo range, about 110 to 130 BPM.
Here is a basic guideline of which tempos are good for different workouts:
- Under 100 BPM: Slower paced workouts and during warm ups and cool downs
- 100 to 130 BPM: Walking and portions of your workout that are a little faster paced
- Over 130 BPM: Higher impact exercise and cardio
- 135 to 140 BPM: Power walking
- 135 to 155 BPM: Jogging
- 150 to 175 BPM: Running
- Over 175 BPM: Fast running and sprinting
Pick music that will gradually increase your tempo until you reach your optimum speed and then gradually decrease your tempo at the end of the workout. This will ensure that you are warming up and cooling down properly. Also, make sure you have enough music to last your workout. You do not want to run out of songs at the conclusion of your exercise, since this is the critical moment you may need them the most. Since most songs range in length from about 3 to 5 minutes long, plan on using at least 10 to 12 songs for a 45 minute workout.
Below you will find different a variety of disco music that is good for exercising.
Best Disco Workout Songs
- “Boogie Oogie Oogie” by A Taste of Honey Est. BPM: 125
- “Car Wash” by Rose Royce Est. BPM: 116
- “Celebration” by performed Kool & The Gang Est. BPM: 119
- “Dancing Queen” by ABBA Est. BPM: 130
- “Disco Inferno” by The Trammps Est. BPM: 128
- “Get Down Tonight” by K.C. & the Sunshine Band Est. BPM: 113
- “Hot Stuff” by Donna Summer Est. BPM: 122-128
- “I Feel Love” by Donna Summer Est. BPM: 129
- “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor Est. BPM: 117
- “It’s Raining Men” by the Weather Girls Est. BPM: 135
- “Knock on Wood” by Amii Stewart Est. BPM: 133
- “Kung Fu Fighting” by Carl Douglas Est. BPM: 120
- “Ladies Night” by Kool & the Gang Est. BPM: 110
- “Le Freak” by Chic Est. BPM: 121
- “Never Can Say Goodbye” by Gloria Gaynor Est. BPM: 129
- “Night Fever” by the Bee Gees Est. BPM: 124
- “Play That Funky Music” by Wild Cherry Est. BPM: 110-115
- “(Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty” by KC & The Sunshine Band Est. BPM: 112
- “Shake Your Groove Thing” by Peaches & Herbs Est. BPM: 134
- “Stayin’ Alive” by the Bee Gees Est. BPM: 104
- “That’s The Way (I Like It)” by K.C. & The Sunshine Band Est. BPM: 129
- “The Hustle” by Van McCoy Est. BPM: 117
- “Y.M.C.A.” by Village People Est. BPM: 129